Do you even know what questions are currently on your inquiry form? No seriously… I think it’s something we often create and then just forget about until we’re frustrated with a lack of results or see someone else doing something cool with theirs! But here’s the deal. I truly believe the inquiry form lays the foundation for your entire sales process. It can make or break your chance of booking a dream client. I want to spare you the heartbreak of yet another ghosting. So, let’s chat about what questions you need to ask on your inquiry form for the best chance of success!
Why Listen to Me?
To quote the great Elyse Meyers, “great question. I would love to tell you.” I’ve been an entrepreneur for fourteen years as of the time of this podcast recording. But I’ve also mentored other entrepreneurs for the past ten and in that time, would consider myself pretty damn good at sales and teaching it to others.
In college, I helped fellow students grow five and six figure summer businesses. And since then, I’ve crafted my own connection-based approach to sales that have helped many of my clients increase their booking rate by 30-60%! I don’t believe in spammy sales tactics… just human connection!!
Inquiry Form Question Strategy
In this episode, I’ll break down the three types of questions you need to ask on your inquiry form if you want to stand out from your competition and increase conversions…
- Contact (obviously, but I promise we’ll take it a step further)
- Qualifying (plus some hot tips to save you time)
- Connection (because if I see one more box that says “tell me about your project” I’m gonna throw my keyboard)
We’ll walk through what each type of question should include, why, and how you can use them as launch pads for more impactful email responses.
Okay, so like I said, I’m
kiiiiiind of really passionate about sales and doing it with a service-first, connection-based mindset. In the episode, I mention two resources I offer to help creatives increase their conversions:
- Sales Tracker for Creatives
- This is a Google sheet with auto-populated stats set up on the second page. When used along with my short video that shares how to read the data, you can start to see where in your process you’re losing people so you can take action.
- Systems That Sell Course
- Quite possibly the creation I’m most proud of, this course is a one stop shop for creatives who want to book more dream clients, serve them well, and save themselves time! It’s easy to follow and by the end, you’ll hold all the same secrets as my 1:1 clients who now crush it!